About Heartland First Aid
Heartland First Aid Training has been providing outstanding training in First Aid/CPR, Water Safety and Babysitter Training to the Moose Jaw area since 2013. Whether you need to be certified for employment, school or personal use, we’ve got you covered.
It is Heartland First Aid’s commitment to provide quality instruction with the most up-to-date information. We uphold the integrity it takes to provide customer satisfaction to participants in all programs.
Our courses incorporate the latest evidence-based scientific research on how to prevent and treat workplace injuries, and support a learner-centric environment for skill acquisition.
Heartland First Aid offers Red Cross Training Courses that include:
• Dynamic training techniques including video, media presentations, skills demonstrations, practice sessions, scenarios based on real-life situations, discussions and exercises.
• Highly trained Instructors who can enhance courses through their own experience and knowledge.
• Better learning experience through hands-on training using CPR mannequins, AED trainers, bandages and splinting materials, tourniquets, auto-injector trainers, inhalers, etc.
• Higher equipment-to-participant ratios which enable participants more time to practice skills.
• An online Comprehensive Guide for First Aid & CPR with more in-depth information for those employees wishing more information on any topic.
• A variety of delivery formats involving online and blended approaches to learning.
At Heartland First Aid we provide:
Hi, I am Krista Therens-Olafson, founder and head instructor with Heartland First Aid Training.
Born and raised in Moose Jaw, my passion for first aid began when I started taking courses to become a lifeguard.
As a Life Saving Swim, Red Cross Swim and Aquatic Fitness Instructor, I was learning and teaching many first aid skills. Enjoying and expanding my knowledge of first aid, I added Red Cross First Aid Instructor and Water Safety Instructor Trainer to my resume.
I pride myself on ensuring my courses are educational, effective and fun for all participants. Enjoying and expanding my knowledge of first aid, in 2015 I added First Aid Instructor Trainer to my repertoire.
I am the mom of four amazing girls, so I appreciate the flexibility that comes with teaching courses.
I have met so many great people with all types of backgrounds and experiences. I look forward to meeting and training new people and re-certifying the fabulous people I already know.
Krista can be contacted via email at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Brady was born and raised in Moose Jaw. He grew up taking swimming lessons and first aid classes at the Nat and the Sportsplex as well as performing in school and community bands, choirs, and musicals. Brady honed his skills in aquatics and first aid while working for the City of Moose Jaw as a lifeguard and headguard for nearly 8 years through high school and university. As he has a passion for education, during a break in his university studies, Brady decided to complete his training as a Red Cross First Aid and CPR instructor in Regina. He has been involved with first aid courses ever since and with Heartland First Aid Training since its inception.
Brady now lives in Saskatoon where he splits his time between teaching French Immersion in the public school system and contributing to the local theatre scene. As well, he is always happy to teach a course for Heartland as he values their dedication to flexible but high quality options for any individual learner’s or company’s first aid needs.
Brady can be contacted via email: email@example.com